Monday, July 27, 2009

*Sigh*

Have you ever done this? Taken an accidental two-month sabbatical from your blog and then just wracked your brain fruitlessly for days, trying to come up with something really, really profound with which to break the silence?

It's just me, then?

I have had six thousand or so ideas sliding around half-formed in my summer-gelatinized brain. (Here's a sampling: The reason many pols and bureaucrats support abortion is that they're unwilling to tackle the more difficult task of dealing with pregnant women and the emotional complexities behind unwanted pregnancies. Modern American labor and delivery practices are sickeningly barbaric, and we've got the stats to prove it. Barbara Mouser's The Five Aspects of Woman is great, and I learned a bunch of stuff about womanhood listening to it. Why is U2 SO INCREDIBLY POPULAR?) But none of them, shockingly, have made the cut so far -- I just can't get stuff to congeal into anything coherent.

Once my schedule and my brain are working a little less... uh... Summer-time-ish-ly... I'm sure I'll develop one of the above topics (or, I mean, you know me, something completely different) into an actual post.

Tune in next time to see if I go for the controversial, the political, the theological, or the utterly vapid and meaningless! WOO!!!

5 comments:

Pablo said...

Hey, it wasn't profound, but it was awesome to hear from you, nevertheless. Been wondering what's been keeping you from blogging. Hope you're enjoying your summer! Can't WAIT for ours.

Serena said...

It's not just you. I've had the same thing going.

And why IS U2 so popular?

Laura said...

Thanks for commenting, Kate/Pabs and Serena!

KATE. COME OVER HERE. LIKE ASAP. MMKAY?

One Salient Oversight said...

Nice to have you back. I'm on hiatus at the moment but I still regularly visit here to read your thoughts.

Laura said...

Thanks, Neil, I appreciate your comments!